We are OPENING again on Monday June 22. That gives us 5 weeks to get ready for the recital. Here are the basics of the safety guidelines we will have in place:
- Anyone feeling even slightly ill should NOT come to the studio.
- Everyone will wear masks all the time, even while dancing or tumbling. This is not optional.
- Cleaning procedures will be increased. Receptionists will sanitize frequently touched surfaces hourly, and teachers will sanitize after every class. For tumbling classes and other classes that involve floor work, the students may be let out a little early to sanitize the floor.
- Only ONE PARENT will be allowed in the building for preschool and K/1 level students only. Level 2 and older students should not have parents accompany them to their classes or wait in the waiting room. Level 2 and older parents should wait outside or in their cars.
- In order to keep the room capacities low, there will be no Parent Time for any classes.
- The building floors will be marked for social distancing in any areas where waiting may occur.
- Students will be asked to use hand sanitizer before every class and after dances that involve touching other dancers (mostly upper level classes). Please be sure your student has hand sanitizer with them.
THE RECITAL!! The recital will be the afternoon of July 25th. It will likely be in an outdoor location so that families can come. We will not be doing a dress rehearsal, only the show. Right now we are looking at locations in Metamora, but we will have more information on that, as well as information on recital photos and videos, very soon!
Mary & Lida
As much as we wanted to be back in the studio on June 1, it’s not going to happen.
We want to be sure that when we open it is safe to do so. Keep watching your emails!
Thanks so much for sticking with us through all of this!!
We want to announce our current plan for the rest of our 2019-2020 school year.
We plan to begin Virtual classes on May 4th. The classes will be on Zoom, please check your email next week for details on how to access the virtual classes.
Your student’s classes will all be at the same time they’ve been all year, you will just access them from home. Dance classes will focus on the recital dance and the tumbling classes will work on their recital dance and perfecting the skills your student can do without being spotted as well as conditioning and stretching.
If your dancer is a Demonstrator or Assistant we will want them to plan to join the classes they regularly help with.
We will begin on May 4th with Period 8 week 2, which is exactly where we left off. Period 9 will be 4 weeks, but because of when we needed to schedule the recital, Period 10 will be 5 weeks, so it will be slightly more than you usually pay. The tuition due dates have been changed to reflect this.
The recital, it will be only one day with a dress rehearsal on July 24th and the show on July 25th. Because we are concerned about everyone’s safety, we plan on doing the recital without an audience. Each family will purchase a recital package that will include DVD of the recital, and other things.
The regular Summer Classes have been canceled but many of our summer intensives will still be offered in the morning. Watch your email for a schedule of the Summer Intensives & Camps.
Please feel free to email us with any questions you have.
Lida & Mary