Merrilee Studios Safety Guidelines
Here are the basics of the safety guidelines we will have in place:
1. Anyone feeling even slightly ill should NOT come to the studio.
2. Everyone will wear masks all the time, even while dancing or tumbling. We closely watch the students and give them frequent breaks. They each have a place where they can go away from others to rest, drink and even remove their mask for a minute if needed.
3. Cleaning procedures have been increased. Receptionists sanitize frequently touched surfaces hourly, and teachers sanitize after every class. For some classes, the students may be let out a little early to sanitize the floor.
4. We prefer that only one parent come into the building for any class, but we understands that isn’t always possible. Please keep it to a minimum as well as you can. Parents can also wait outside and in their cars.
5. Students will be asked to use hand sanitizer before every class and after dances that involve touching other dancers (mostly upper level classes). Please be sure your student has hand sanitizer with them.
6. Payments & Purchases – Our preferred method of payment is to call in with a credit card over the phone during our open hours. (M-Th 4:00-9:00) You can also send your child in with a check. There will be a box on the desk they can drop it in. They do not need to wait in line.
7. You may, of course, come in to purchase tights or shoes etc. If you prefer, you can also do that with a phone call. While your child is taking class, call and let the receptionist know what you need, pay with a credit card, and the receptionist will take it to your child’s class for them to take home.
We promise to do our absolute best to keep all our students and families safe, but in return we must ask that by entering Merrilee Studios, you and any family members and guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 and agree not to hold Mary Dexter, Lida Dexter Berg, or any of their employees, teachers, receptionists, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
Thank you so much!